HCG urine pregnancy test
HCG urine pregnancy test
What is this product?
HCG urine pregnancy test named Analytica® - is a pink pack with 20 cassettes inside with sensitivity 25mlU/ml each. This is a one step HCG urine pregnancy express test manufactured by Ranbaxy Laboratories Limited. These express tests may be used without healthcare provider, at home for example. They are used for qualitative (visual) determination of hCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotropin) in urine specimens for early detection of pregnancy.
In other words, this test acts as an agglutinating sera reagent for detection of HCG. The product is designed for in vitro diagnostic use only. It is not intended for internal use.
The tests are available in 3 different formats:
- 1. STRIP
- 2. CASSETTE
- 3. MIDSTREAM
The format applications range from professional to domestic usage.
How should I use Cassette Test?
Here is the description of the testing procedure step by step:
Bring the test pouch to room temperature (18-30°C). To begin testing, open the sealed pouch by tearing along the notch. Remove the test from the pouch.
Draw the urine sample into the provided pipette, and dispense 0.2ml (about 4 drops) into the round dropping well of the cassette.
Wait for coloured bands to appear. Depending on the concentration of HCG in the test specimen, positive results may be observed in as short as 40 seconds. However, to confirm negative results, the complete reaction time (5 minutes) is required. Do not read results after 10 minutes.
- 1 Two pink line - positive
- 2 One pink line - negative
- 3 No line - Invalid - Repeat test
- 4 No C line - Invalid - Repeat test
INTERPRETATION OF RESULTS
- Negative - Not Pregnant: Only one color band appears in the control region. No visible band on the test region is present since hCG concentration is not present in urine or too low for detection.
- Positive - Pregnant: Distinct color bands appear on the control and test regions. The presence of both test and control lines indicate possible pregnancy. Color intensity of the test band may vary according to the concentration of hCG in urine. The higher the hCG concentration - the darker the intensity of the test line, hence higher the likelihood of pregnancy.
- Invalid - Uncertain Results: No visible bands in the control and test regions. Make sure to follow the above specified instructions for optimum results.
What should I remember during the usage of this product?
- 1. For single in vitro diagnostic use only - use test only once for urine screening.
- 2. Do not use test kit beyond expiration date.
- 3. Keep away from moisture, direct sunlight, and children.
- 4. Visit your doctor or health care professional for regular checks on your body state.
What side effects may I notice from this medicine?
There are no possible side effects from this product.
How should I store this product?
Keep out of the reach of children. Keep vialed.
Store in a dry place, at a temperature not exceeding 30*C.
Do not freeze. Throw away any unused medicine after the expiration date.